Sunday, November 21, 2010

Back of the House Cooking Class #2

My sweet friend gave me a cooking class for my birthday (I should turn 40 more often it's been awesome) and we went on Tuesday night to see what was cooking at Back of the House in Reno.  The class was full and everyone enjoyed a demonstration by chef and owner - Barbara Mills.  She's a hoot.  We have been to her school before and enjoyed it and this time was no different.  She demonstrated a Holiday Stuffed Pork Loin with Apricot Mustard Glaze, Wild Rice Salad with Champagne Vinegar dressing and pomagrante seeds, Roasted Red Pepper Coulis for dipping baked rice balls and Lemon Curd parfait.  Um...yum!
I will be making all of these things again this holiday season - maybe trying chicken instead of the pork for fun and will share the recipes that Barbara shared with us.  If you get to Reno, NV check out the class schedule and enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis