Thursday, May 12, 2011

Lemon Ginger Scones

I have a new cookbook.  For me cookbooks are like novels.  I sit, I read, I absorb, I get lost in the pages.   Flour is from Boston based Flour Bakery owner Joanne Chang.  It is packed with delicious recipes for all kinds of baked goods.  Cakes, cupcakes, bread, cookies and scones. 
I tried the Lemon Ginger Scone recipe this week.  It includes three kinds of ginger - ground, diced crystalized and fresh as well as fresh grated lemon.  I also threw in blueberries from the freezer.  I also ran out of flour mid recipe so had to add about a 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour to round it out.  The texture is more rustic than they normally would be but I liked it.  They turned out well and are making for delicious breakfast treats.  I will be trying more recipes from this cookbook - soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis