Monday, April 12, 2010

Spring is for Strawberry Shortcake

Strawberries at my market are buy one carton get two free right now.  So I took advantage.  Not only are we eating strawberries on our waffles and as snacks for lunch but there are enough for a great spring dessert.  I adapted this from Better Homes and Gardens red checkered cookbook (you know the one) Strawberry Shortcake recipe.  I don't sweeten my berries just slice and enjoy over the shortcake with a scoop of French Vanilla ice cream and a little milk.  

2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup butter, cold, cubed
1 egg
2/3 cup milk

I combine all the ingredients in my food processor and pulse.  Drop by tablespoon full on cookie sheet . Bake at 450 degrees for 15 to 17 minutes.  Cool, slice, top with berries, ice cream, whip cream, milk and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis