Sunday, March 28, 2010

Confessions of a cookbook reader

I read cookbooks...for fun.  I read them like novels.  I can't explain it. It relaxes me, it inspires me and provides endless enjoyment. I love all kinds of cookbooks but especially those with great photographs of the food.  I am a visual communicator so it makes sense.  I have a fair number of cookbooks in my collection.  Like Colorado Colore from the Junior League of Denver. I'm a native Coloradoan so I like reading recipes that remind me of home and these cookbooks capture the essence of Colorado cuisine.  One of the first cookbooks in that series, I nearly set on fire while I was making a recipe out of it.  Note to self, do not set the cookbook on the gas burner.  I am not above checking out cookbooks from the library to read or sitting comfortably in the cookbook section of a bookstore and devouring a few chapters. (I can do the same with food magazines too.)  There, I confess, I read cookbooks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis