Monday, March 22, 2010

Menu Planning Monday 3-22-2010

Monday -  It's a mystery still but looks to be left over Skillet Lasagna from Sunday night
Tuesday - Beef and Noodles this was my favorite dish growing up.  I try to make it like my Mom did but some things just get lost in translation.  Hers is better.  But I am craving it, so here it goes. Place a nice roast in the crock pot and let it slow cook all day...maybe add some salt and pepper around noon.  For the noodles: combine 1 beaten egg, 2 Tbsp milk, 1/2 tsp salt and enough flour to make a stiff dough, about 1 cup.  Roll out the dough very thin on your counter.  Cover with a dish towel and let the noodles dry all day.  Remove the roast from the crock pot and shred it up, return to a pot on the stove and cover with the juices from the crock pot.  Add water if needed.  Bring to simmer.  Uncover the noodle dough, cut into 1 inch strips and add them to the simmering beef and broth.  Simmer until the noodles are cooked through.  Serve over mashed potatoes.  Yum.
I wish my Mom were here this week to make this for me.
Wednesday - Chicken Burgers  from Sunset Magazine
Thursday - Risotto with Peas, Asparagus tips and Bacon
Friday - French Dip Sandwiches with beef from the crock pot

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis